Monday 7 July 2014

OWOP made me do it

Simplicity 1699
I blame another Jane entirely for this blog being launched.
Perhaps 'blame' is too strong a word. I was inspired by another Jane to finally do what I'd been thinking about maybe, possibly, doing for quite some time now - starting my own blog. eek!

Hand made Jane is hosting 'OWOP' = One Week One Pattern. The idea is to wear home sewn outfits every day for a week - all made from the same pattern. Take photos of yourself looking gorgeous (of course!) in your 7 outfits and share these photos with everyone else.

I have a dress pattern I've made 2 versions of already (yup - that's me up there in the photo - wearing the Grey Spotty One) and I already have fabric for a 3rd version waiting patiently on the dressmaking fabric shelf.
You can wear the same garment several times, but styled with different accessories. Or you can just use this whole venture as an excuse to make Yet More Dresses.

But all this is easier if you have a blog link to for sharing photos of your OWOPs. So here we are. My blog.
Welcome. (and thanks to that other Jane for the inspiration to get started)

7 comments:

  1. Hoorah! I'm absolutely thrilled that I was to blame for you starting a blog! I'll definitely be keeping my eye on you during OWOP. Lovely grey, spotty dress too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane - what a lovely welcome to Blogland! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, lucky you plucking up the courage to go for the blogging thing ( I'm envious)
    Heading to France (via Italy for 5 days) for a week or so, I believe there are lovely fabric shops which I look forward to 'finding' (thankyou Google)?
    I too am looking forward to OWOP :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline, don't be envious - just DO it! Then try to figure out how everything works..........
      I hope you do find some lovely fabric shops over here. Happy holidays!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! Love the dress, it will be a great one for the OWOP week ... enjoy blogging ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith, I feel like I've been well and truly welcomed into blogland already.

      Delete